If you enjoyed Bastille’s 2013 album Bad Blood, then you’ll be excited to hear that they just announced the release date for Wild World, a new 14-track album due September 9. There will also be a 19-track deluxe version. In honor of this exciting news, we’ve compiled 5 fun facts about the band:
1. When describing the band’s new album cover, singer Dan Smith told Billboard: “to me, the image isn’t about what’s just happened or what happens next. It’s not about how they got there or how they get down. It’s about sharing a moment – two friends existing in that split second in that exact space, two people framed in the vast context of this huge mad metropolis that we’ve all built. They’re there out of choice.”
2. The band, formed in London in 2010, is named after Bastille Day – the start of the French Revolution. Lead singer Dan Smith’s birthday is actually on Bastille Day!
3. Bastille is made up of Dan Smith, Will Farquarson (bass), Chris Wood (drums) and Kyle Simmons (keyboards). The name of the band is stylized as BΔSTILLE.
4. Before becoming famous, they released a free mixtape – “Other People’s Heartache”. This featured covers of songs by Fleetwood Mac, TLC and David Guetta.
5. Will they be playing in your hometown? They just released some new dates, so take a look!
July 9 – Perth, UK @ T In The Park
July 27 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
July 28 – Chicago, IL @ Lollapalooza
July 30 – Montreal, QC @ Osheaga Festival
Aug. 20 – Chelmsford, UK @ V Festival
Aug. 21 – Stafford, UK @ V Festival
Sept. 2 – Gwynedd, UK @ Festival NO.6
Sept. 9 – Isle Of Wight, UK @ Bestival
Sept. 30 – Detroit, MI @ 89X Chill On The Hill Fest
Oct. 7 – Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Oct. 28 – Bournemouth, UK @ BIC
Oct. 29 – Plymouth, UK @ Pavilions
Oct. 31 – Cardiff, UK @ Motorpoint Arena
Nov. 1 – London, UK @ The O2
Nov. 4 – Leeds, UK @ First Direct Arena
Nov. 5 – Nottingham, UK @ Motorpoint Arena
Nov. 6 – Manchester, UK @ Manchester Arena
Nov. 8 – Birmingham, UK @ Barclaycard Arena
Nov. 12 – Glasgow, UK @ The SSE Hydro
Nov. 13 – Newcastle, UK @ Metro Radio Arena