We’ve been waiting 3 years for the return of the Swedish and American group Miike Snow! On March 4, their new album, iii, is set to be released. You may know that the band includes the production team Bloodshy & Avant (Christian Karlsson and Pontus Winnberg) as well as singer Andrew Wyatt. But did you know these fun facts about them:
1. The name “Miike Snow” actually came from one of their friends who is named Mike Snow! As the group was thinking of a name, one of the members got an email from a friend, Mike Snow. They liked his name, and added the extra “i” because they thought it looked cool.
2. Bloodshy & Avant have spent more than 10 years writing and producing songs for all types of pop superstars including Madonna and Britney Spears. They wrote Spears’ “Toxic.”
3. The group’s symbol, the jackalope, was suggested by their tattoo artist.
4. The band prefers not to use laptops when recording or playing music.
5. Miike Snow’s first hit single, “Animal”, was released in 2007. Wyatt has said that the song has an ambiguous meaning. It can be about dealing with addiction or basic instincts… or dissatisfaction. What do you think?