It’s been more than a decade since Blake Shelton released the single “Austin”, which topped the country charts. Today, he has 17 number one singles and even holds a record for the most consecutive number one songs on country radio! If you’re a fan, you’ll enjoy these 5 quick facts about Blake Shelton!
1. Blake always seems to provide comic relief on The Voice. If you check out his social media accounts including his Twitter, you’ll see for yourself how he’s every bit a comedian at heart!
2. You may not remember this… but for the first few years of his career, he sported a mullet! He still defends the style, having once told the press, “Nobody else in the world seems to think it was as awesome as I still think it was,”
3. Blake has been on more than one reality TV competition. He was a coach on Clash of the Choirs in 2007 along with Michael Bolton, Patti LaBelle, Nick Lachey and Kelly Rowland. He was also a judge on the 2007 season of Nashville Star.
4. Blake is from Oklahoma, and launched his career in Nashville at 17 with the help of country veterans Mae Axton and Bobby Braddoc.
5. In 2010, he was the first person to ever be invited to join the Grand Ole Opry via Twitter!