He has an incredible amount of chart-topping hits, but how much do you really know about Adam Richard Wiles? Or, you may know him better as Calvin Harris! For this week’s spotlight, we’ve listed our top 5 favorite facts about the world’s highest paid DJ:
1. From Dumfries, Scotland, Calvin began recording demos on a 15-year-old computer in his bedroom in 1999. This former supermarket employee went on to break musical records set by Michael Jackson for the most singles from one album hitting the top ten!
2. Back in 2008, he claimed that he lost his laptop at London’s Heathrow Airport. He said that his only copy of the album he was working on was on it. Later on, he admitted that while he did lose his bags, he fibbed about losing the laptop. He just wanted more time to work on the album!
3. Calvin has said that he’s done singing on any new projects, instead claiming that he would rather write and produce. However, two of his biggest hits, “Summer” and “Feel So Close”, showcased his raspy voice and we (like most fans) hope we get to hear more of it!
4. In 2008, he turned down the opportunity to work with Lady Gaga because he didn’t know who she was!
5. Calvin has quite a sense of humor! In 2009, he crashed a performance on The X Factor, while holding a pineapple on his head. Yes, a pineapple!