Will they or won’t they tour in 2017? That is the burning question when it comes to Daft Punk! While we’re on the subject of this French EDM duo, here’s 5 facts to know about them:
1. Daft Punk is made up of producers Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. They captured the music world’s attention back in the late 90’s during the French house movement.
2. They’ve only toured 2 times: for Alive 1997 and Alive 2007. Now that an Alive 2017 website has popped up, fans are getting anxious to hear some news! Pitchfork and Consequence of Sound are reporting that the group has no plans to tour, but only time will tell.
3. Neither members have allowed their faces to be photographed since May 1996. Instead, they wear helmets- which Bangalter said came about due to shyness at first. Now they feel that the helmets make them feel like average guys with superpowers.
4. Before Daft Punk, they were both part of a band called Darlin. Melody Maker called Darlin’s song ‘Cindy, So Loud’ “a daft punky thrash” — and they took their new name from the description!
5. David Bowie once asked them to remix one of his songs, and they said no!