With albums Lights, Halcyon, Halcyon Days and her recent release Delirium, Ellie Goulding has shown the world time and again what an amazing artist she is. Here’s 5 fun facts you might not know about this English singer who has the vocal range of a light-lyric soprano:
1. Ellie was born Elena Jane Goulding. She has said in interviews that she was a rebellious teenager who went through a “rave period” and had facial piercings at age 14.
2. Her very first single, “Under The Sheets”, was recorded in the university bedroom of her producer! It became the free Single of the Week on iTunes in December 2009.
3. Besides music, Ellie’s other passion is running. She has said that she tries to run up to 6 miles every day. She’s also a vegan, and claims that if she wasn’t a musician, she would be a personal trainer.
4. Ellie says that one of the things she’ll “treasure forever” is singing at the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in 2011. She sang “Your Song” for their first dance, followed by several other songs.
5. Ellie claims that even with all of her fame, she’s still nervous when people recognize her in public.