It’s set to be released on December 16! We’re referring to Kid Cudi’s long anticipated 6th LP, titled Passion, Pain, & Demon Slayin’. The album was supposed to be released in September, but was delayed due to sample clearance issues. What a lineup the album is set to have, though… it features Pharrell Williams, Willow Smith, Travis Scott, and André 3000. Here’s some facts about Kid Cudi, in case you were wondering!
1. Kid Cudi’s real name is Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi. Born in Cleveland Ohio in 1984, he got his start rapping at the end of his high school career. He first became known for his mixtape, A Kid Named Cudi, in 2008.
2. Cudi’s first hit, “Day ‘n’ Nite”, was actually inspired by Geto Boys’ “Mind Playing Tricks On Me” (which he has said in interviews is his favorite song).
3. He’s struggled throughout his life with anxiety and depression. In October of this year, he entered rehab for treatment. In a Facebook post, he told fans, “Its been difficult for me to find the words to what I’m about to share with you because I feel ashamed. Ashamed to be a leader and hero to so many while admitting I’ve been living a lie. It took me a while to get to this place of commitment, but it is something I have to do for myself, my family, my best friend/daughter and all of you, my fans.” We’re wishing him recovery and peace now and in the new year.
4. He met Kanye West while he was working at the Bape store in NYC, and was able to hand him his demo! At the time, Kanye was buying a jacket and Cudi didn’t remove the security sensor from it. He had to chase Kanye down after he left the store to fix the issue!
5. Known for his style of laid-back hip-hop and rock, Cudi’s live performances are usually very energetic and positive.